Mar 11, 2017

Life is good!

I have been thinking a lot how merciful Heavenly Father had been to me and Kevron. When I decided to go back to school, it was a sudden decision. However, Kev and I both had a light feeling that it was right. Things worked out as to our schedules. It was tough as we also have 3 kids that we need to attend to but I finished the program that we chose based on my interests and benefits it will give me and us. Everything just went smoothly. Recalling the bazillion home works and exams and limited family activities, it was all worth it. It was such a big blessing that I had the opportunity to do my externship at Kaiser Permanente CIN Oncology and Hematology Department where in fact, they offered me a job which I am so grateful for. I really like the specialty as I am learning a lot about the different types of cancer and the process/procedures of treating them. It is really sorrowful when the cancer that you fought years ago would come back and or the cancer that metastasized to other part or organs of your body. Fighting a cancer is a long journey. Maybe those family members of mine that passed away because of this are still alive given the advance technology and medicine. I feel heaviness in my heart whenever I learn that there is nothing we can do to treat a patient and that her body is declining. We have patients that from adjuvant care went to palliative care or those that undergo chemotherapy that does not cure the cancer but rather controlling it thus helping to prolong life. We have patients that are being referred to hospice. But honestly, most of our patients are a source of inspiration to me because despite of the battle that they have, I can see that they have accepted it and that all that they can do is move on with their lives. Being sick is very hard. It is very stressful. To many, it even causes depression. I pray that one day, our scientists and researchers could find a "cure" to this scary disease. 

Our life is super busy! It's like I don't have enough time to finish all my tasks for the week. It's Saturday and I am not yet done with the laundry. I feel really good though being busy! We are counseled to be anxiously engaged in a good cause. When we accomplished good things, we are happy. 


This year, one of Veyron's favorite activities is basketball. It is a deep joy to me and Kevron watching him growing smart and healthy. Today, Vey made two shots!! 


Vey posing with Emma and neighbor best friend Gabe after the game.


It became a tradition to go celebrate Vey's shooting and dribbling abilities at Mc Donalds after the game. Horrraayyy for Veyron!!!


My testimony of friendship, love, team work and importance of a husband and wife spending time with each other alone are being strengthened more and more each day.



-Irene





No comments: