Aug 7, 2016

My Body is a Temple of God

Today in primary at church, Emma gave a talk on "My Body is a Temple of God". That is actually their theme for this month. I am so grateful for the teaching helps we are receiving from my children's teachers. I received an email from a member of the primary presidency about the topics they will be discussing regarding the theme.. 

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?... The temple of God is holy, which temple ye are" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17) 
  • My body is a temple.
  • Dressing modestly shows respect for Heavenly Father and myself.
  • Living the Word of Wisdom shows respect for my body.
  • Reading, watching, and listening to wholesome things keeps my mind clean. 
Then she shared a short story about a 4 year old boy with cerebral palsy that she used to work with. This little boy did not have use of his right hand. One day, as she was working with him, the little boy looked at her and said, "Did you know Satan doesn't have a body? But I do and I have to work really hard with my body." 

This little boys testimony is very touching. It made her realize that although we may not have perfect bodies, they are gifts from God. Our bodies house our spirits and so we should treat our bodies like temples.














No comments: