Jul 17, 2016

A Day of Rest and Worship

I feel so fulfilled today spiritually. I was the teacher today in Gospel Essential Class. My lesson was on Sacrifice. As members of the LDS church, sacrifice means giving our time, all energies and earthly possessions in building His kingdom on the earth. The Lord commanded us to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. (Matthew 6:33) There are many people that have set a good example for me to apply this principle in my life. I love the prophets from the time of Adam up to the present for their incredible love, service and obedience to the Lord. Many even lose their lives because of standing up for the truth. Jesus Christ's greatest sacrifice made it possible for us to become like Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother.

I remember when I was attending seminary class, my teacher defined sacrifice as giving up something good for something better. A place in Heavenly Father's kingdom is worth any sacrifice we have to make of our time, talents, energy, earthly possessions and lives.

The Four Fold Mission of the Church are:

1. To proclaim the gospel
2. To perfect the saints
3. To redeem the dead
4. To care for the poor and needy

Then this afternoon I had the opportunity as a ward missionary to welcome members and non-members who are visiting the temple. I had interesting and new spiritual insights as the two sister missionaries toured me around the temple. I am very grateful that this experience has added strength to my testimony of the sacredness of the temple and what it means to me personally.

Lastly, my kids asked us to play some of their favorite primary songs: Scripture power, I love to see the temple and When I am baptized. We have been teaching Emma about baptism. She will turn 8 next year and that is the age we baptize in the church. The kids are becoming more excited about visiting the temple and loving the scriptures because it talks about Jesus Christ. I noticed also that their prayers are more meaningful. 

                                                             


-Irene

No comments: