Apr 3, 2016

What does the Savior's life mean to you?

I have been meaning to blog  my thoughts and feelings for Jesus Christ. Recently, we just celebrated the Easter. It is an important event for Christians where they recognize Jesus Christ as Savior and Redeemer of mankind.

I would like to extend some questions and invite you to carefully study them in your minds. Which accounts from the Savior's life are specially meaningful to you? In what ways can we show the Lord that we love Him?


Even before the coming of Jesus Christ into this world, his life was foreseen and foretold by ancient prophets. For example, Isaiah in the bible exclaimed:



“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. …
“… Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. …
“He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities. …
“He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter” (Isaiah 53:3–5, 7).

King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon prophesied: “For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.
“And he shall cast out devils, or the evil spirits which dwell in the hearts of the children of men.
“And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.
“And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary” (Mosiah 3:5–8).
All these ancient revelations about Him were fulfilled. One of my favorite accounts of His life was when his earthly parents Mary and Joseph found him in the temple conversing with the doctors. They realized Jesus was not with them on their journey back home from Jerusalem. They went back to Jerusalem and looked for Jesus. After 3 days they found him in the temple. They were amazed and Mary said unto him " Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.” Jesus answered her, "  “Wist ye not that I must be about my [Heavenly] Father’s business?” (Luke 2:48–49


I am really impressed by Jesus' understanding of his tasks from Heavenly Father at a very young age. He was only 12 years old at this time. We can also note that Mary and Joseph had been good parents to him. “And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him” (Luke 2:40)
Jesus' commitment and obedience to Heavenly Father are truly incredible! “I do nothing of myself,” He declared, “but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. … I do always those things that please him” (John 8:28–29).
Jesus is such a great example of faith and determination of doing the will of Heavenly Father. He is my inspiration of courage! He is consistent and firm in the faith! He is valiant and true to his testimony and covenants! His love and reverence for Heavenly Father is deep! Jesus lived a perfect life. Therefore, we must build our foundation upon Him... that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. (Helaman 5:12)
Jesus is the Master Teacher. He has spent his life teaching people...basically how to gain eternal life or that life that the Father have. He is famous for the parables he taught the people. He is known for his sermon on the Mount. He only not taught the people in words but his actions are evidence of his love for them. He spent His life serving others. He healed the sick, the dead He raised, He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see and cured all manner of diseases. His heart was full of compassion. 
Jesus words are life to me! They are so powerful that it penetrates the depth of my heart causing me to reflect and improve myself. One day, the apostles asked Him, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Jesus in reply to this inquiry called a little child and set him in their midst saying... "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3-4) This is such a great reminder for me and a great source of comfort for me. Humility is one of the noblest characteristics of Jesus. Humility open doors for understanding the will of God. It is submissiveness to His commandments.

I remember that time when He washed the feet of His apostles. He taught them "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." (John 13:16)



My reverence and respect for Jesus Christ are deeper and stronger. I am very grateful for His life! I owe Him my life. It is because of him that I have happiness, peace and comfort. He has given me hope and opportunities to become my best self and reach my potential because of the sacrifice he has done for me. He suffered and died for me so I can have the blessings of eternities. 


           "What are your feelings as you ponder the Savior's sacrifice for you?"

-Irene




1 comment:

Irmamina said...

this is awesome! thanks for your faith! i added your blog on mine :)
keep writing patchy and kuya...