"Wherefore, I, Nephi, did exhort them to give heed unto the words of the Lord; yea, I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul, and with all the faculty which I possessed, that they would give heed to the word of God and remember to keep His commandments in all things." - 1 Nephi 15:25
I know that one day, I would hear their voices no more for we will all pass this mortal probation. But their words definitely serve as living testimony of their faith in God.
As parents, we feel that it is our timely opportunity and great responsibility to share with you our hopes, desires and testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Especially now that we are growing older and older, time for us is getting shorter and shorter. But it's not too late in terms of the gospel of our Lord, Jesus Christ. There is always room for improvement and progress. Every day is a new day. We can engage ourselves in many new little things every day that will make us happy and lively. It is our testimony that the gospel is the right and best way to return to our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom!
We are so inspired recently by the words of our living prophets and apostles during this 186 th April General Conference of our Church. Please always read and we encourage you all to reread and review these specific talks which will be our daily guide for a happy living:
1) "Choices" by President Thomas S. Monson
2) "Fathers" by Elder Todd Christofferson
3) "In Praise of Those Who Save" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
4) Concluding Remarks of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland - Sunday concluding session which you have just seen that Sunday, April 10,2016
Actually, all the conference talks and addresses were very inspiring and we can all learn from them and of course, need is to apply their teachings and doctrines in our own lives and families. That is our goal, as parents - application of gospel principles learned in this general conference.
1) On "Fathers" - We believe that "by divine design, Fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." We believe that in their complementary family duties, "Fathers and Mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners". We believe that far from being superfluous, Fathers are unique and irreplaceable.
We apologize to you all, that sometimes, we interfere in your family life. Though our intentions are good, papa and I realized that the results of these interferances are not always positive. So we would like to improve on this and make firm.
President Uchtdorf taught : "As we emulate the Savior's love, He will surely bless and prosper our righteous efforts to save our marriages and strengthen our families." This is our lifetime goal....
Quotations to remember from President Uchtdorf which papa and I have always been practicing in our marriage. Sometimes we're short sighted but still we keep on moving, keep going and keep doing in spite of our personal weaknesses because we believe, that with God, all things are possible:
1) "In God's plan of happiness, we are not so much looking for someone perfect but for a person with whom, throughout a lifetime, we can join efforts to create a loving, lasting, and more perfect relationship. That is the goal".
2) "Those who save their marriages understand that this pursuit takes time, patience, and above all, the blessings of the Atonement of Jesus Christ..."
3) "Great marriages are built brick by brick, day after day, over a lifetime."
4) "Happy marriages are meant to last forever!" So, Be happy!
5) "Husbands, astonish your wife by doing things that make her happy!"
6) "Work each day to make your marriage stronger and happier!"
7) "The great enemy of charity is Pride." Pride is one of the biggest reasons marriages and families struggle!" Pride may be a common human failing, But it is not part of our spiritual heritage and it has no place among holders of the priesthood of God".
8) Set aside pride!
9) Build bridges; don't destroy them!
10) Even when you are not at fault -- perhaps especially when you are not at fault -- "LET LOVE CONQUER PRIDE!"
We pray and hope that you will continue to look after the good things we have done for you from your childbirth to your adulthood. Do not look at our imperfections but continue your loving and understanding attitude towards us, your aging parents... Remember, time is of the essence for us, our days are numbered. Papa and I would like to be happy and lively during the remaining years of our lives, and that's also our desire for your families!
The devil will continue to tempt and challenge our families, but the same, we're on the Lord's side and know that the adversary will never, never triumph over the infinite and intimate atonement of our Lord, Jesus Christ which is always in our hearts and mind! Jesus Christ is our firm foundation and we know that He will never, never, forsake us, in the name of Jesus Christ...
Papa Rolly and Mommy Trudz
I am so touched and is humbled down by my parents' recognition that although they are older than us and had more experience, they recognize that they are not perfect. I know that Heavenly Father will grant the desires of their hearts.
Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of FAITH, PRAYER, REPENTANCE, FORGIVENESS, RESPECT, LOVE, COMPASSION, WORK, and WHOLESOME RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES. (The Family: A Proclamation to the World)
Love you so much Papa and Mommy! Thank you for everything :)