Apr 9, 2016

Do your best and God will do the "rest"

Before the end of this day, though I am feeling weary, my spirit tells me to account my spiritual thoughts for this day. That consoling phrase of the Savior Jesus Christ is ringing into my ears, I quote: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28)

I am speaking as a wife and mother. Understanding the weight and fulfilling the demands of motherhood, with the addition of the responsibilities and duties as a wife, together, are truly great yet highly significant. These require of our  whole being, our physical strength and spiritual will power.

I myself admits that I would occasionally feel "heavy ladened". Today was one of them. In my mind and heart, I desire to do all that I can to help my children walk in the ways of truth. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Nevertheless, the promise of the Savior to grant us relief during this time of weariness and strain is available to us. We enjoy His blessings of peace of mind and comfort. These are huge benefits from fulfilling our demanding yet sacred tasks. In Him we find these "rests" to the very depth of our souls.  How wonderful that is! And I delight on this!






It was a great pleasure spending time with them at the Oregon Zoo today!  

-Irene

No comments: