Jan 3, 2009

New Years

We welcomed the new years, 2009 at my in-laws place. We played games and had fun. It was wonderful to spend time with them. They are family here and I thank them for giving me the chance to be a part of their family. Also I appreciate all the good things and friendship that they have extended in me.

On my conversation with my sister, she told me that she is going to give the lesson in a family home evening. She chose the topic on smart goals (setting goals) since it is new year. For the past few days, I have been contemplating my life and evaluating my performance for the past year. I realized how much life has taught me. I have seen again and again my strengths, weaknesses, shortcomings, accomplishments, improvements and mistakes. Growth is a continuous process and I personally is grateful for this opportunity. I am grateful for the undying love and support of my family especially my parents who despite the long distance try their best to strengthen and encourage me always specially during the toughest times of my life. I feel so blessed for their availability when I needed them the most even if it is just having someone to talk to, a friend that someone who cares.

I am most grateful for the strength that the Lord has given me to overcome the 2008 adversities in my life (wink)! Yes I am still alive and prayerfully will keep on moving forward this year. The Lord hath preserved and sustained me.

Of course I appreciate my Husband for his faith and hard work. It is not easy to raise a family specially that it's been the most difficult times for him. The undesirable, unexpected things happen during the time when you least expected them.

To every thing there is a time and a season for every purpose under the heavens. All I know is that the Lord wants us to be better sons and daughters unto Him. That He gives us trials because He loves us and that He wants us to remember Him always because we easily forget His tender mercies and His wonderful plan for us. I know that He wants us to be the best that we can be, to be like Him someday and experience the deepest joys forever.

I pray for strength and inspiration as the heavens help me carry on my short and long-term goals for this new year.

Happy prosperous 2009 to all!

No comments: