Oct 9, 2008

"A long and lasting love"



IJ and I met on the island of Leyte in the Philippines. Both of us were serving a full-time mission for our church. We knew very little of each other at that time but soon after we had both returned to our homes, our relationship bloomed. We were married about 1yr later in the LDS Bountiful, Utah in the House of the Lord in April 13th 2006 for all time and eternity.

I remember how I felt about Irene Joy when I served with her. I could see how diligent and hard working she was. But I also knew her to be of cheery nature, she was always happy. I felt her testimony and her awesome spirit. During the long time that consisted of our dating and "getting to know you" period, I got to know her deeper. She doesn't give up, despite the many hardships of a long distance relationship.

When we were married I said to myself, I have found Joy. She was the one who made me happier than anyone or anything else ever has. Our marriage was beautiful and fulfilling. She was so beautiful, I will never forget. >Kevron


It is very normal when people ask you how you met your spouse and when I say, "my husband and I both served as full-time missionaries for our church in the same mission...that's basically how we met". Then they'd say that it is so neat (at least those that asked me so far). I am so grateful that Kevron and I experienced the same blessings that come from serving the Lord. Wonderful experiences that are eternal that we share together and help us press forward in this life. Above all things, I express my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for giving us the opportunity to become the best that we can be. >IJ

2 comments:

Ben, Starlene, Aiden and Brynlee said...

what a sweet story. thank you for sharing your "love story"

Mike and Starla Rees said...

i love the pics of Veyron he is so cute. You are very lucky. He is just a wonderful boy.